The Finder – The Battle Continues
Last month I wrote a post about the television show The Finder. The show is a spin-off of Bones and is loosely based on The Locater books by Richard Greener. The Finder premiered Thursday, January 12 at 9:00 PM EST on FOX, but on April 6 the show was given the “kiss of death” by FOX and moved to Friday nights at 8:00 PM EST. What’s so disappointing – it only ran a total of 13 episodes.
If you were not able to see any of the episodes from season one, they are currently available on Hulu. As I mentioned in my previous post, there is a fan campaign that has been created to bring the show back to FOX. It’s easy to get discouraged, but remember shows like Star Trek, Cagney & Lacey, Family Guy, Jericho, and Futurama were canceled and then brought back by the fans. Even Chuck was scheduled to be canceled after two seasons, but the fans made sure their voice was heard and the show not canceled – as an added bonus it ran for a total of five successful seasons.
By now I’m sure you’re asking what you as the disgruntled viewer can do. Here are some proactive ways you can join the fight to bring back The Finder.
- Join the “Save The Finder” Facebook page
- Like “The Finder” on Facebook
- Follow the blogs: KeepTheFinder.wordpress.com and SaveTheFinder.org
- Sign the petition – http://www.thepetitionsite.com/406/663/146/save-the-finder-on-fox/ (right now there are currently 14,935 signatures and we need more).
- Follow the cast and crew of the show on Twitter: Geoff Stults (Walter), Mercedes Masöhn (Isabel), Maddie Hasson (Willa), The Finder on FOX (the show’s official Twitter), Hart Hanson (one of the show’s creators), Richard Greener (the author of “The Locater” books), and you can also follow the “Save The Finder” group
- Participate in events suggested by the “Save The Finder” group (details on their Facebook page) like the mail a map event, PM The Finder Facebook page, and Tweeting the sponsors of the different episodes of the show
Do your part and we will show FOX we miss our beloved show and that it was a mistake for them to cancel it!
One of the fans at the “Save The Finder” Facebook page created the video below to help out with the cause.